Re: [tm-dev] TM 3.4.2 Stream vs master ?

I'm not aware of anything yet that we couldn't fold into 3.4.2. Like you said API changes to 3.4.2 aren't allowed. I'd also add anything that might turn out to be somewhat risky shouldn't be held until we branch. However, if we're sure of a non-API fix/change I don't see any reason to force a branch because of it.

Are there build implications to branching that we'd have to prepare for?

-- David Dykstal,  Architect - Rational Developer for Power Systems

From:        "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        11/06/2012 05:34 AM
Subject:        [tm-dev] TM 3.4.2 Stream vs master ?
Sent by:        tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear TM Committers,

Do we have any commit yet in master which we would not want in 3.4.2 ?
That is, any API Addition or change that’s more than just a bugfix ?

If we anticipate bugfixes only until 3.4.2 we can keep a single stream (“master”), otherwise we’ll need to branch off at some point.
Bug 392092 would be a first candidate for braching off, but we could also roll it into 3.4.2 …

Any Thoughts ?

Thanks,
Martin
--
Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River
direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6