Re: [tm-dev] Opening remote file selection dialog? + Rec. way of fetching host?

You can restrict the connection types available by calling the setSystemTypes(IRSESystemType[]) API.

If you want to use a specific connection, then you can call this:
setDefaultSystemConnection(<host>, true)

As for showing only files under a specific directory, you'll probably have to provide your own class that extends SystemRemoteResourceDialog and with that provide your own input provider (i.e. ISystemResourceSelectionInputProvider) returns the appropriate system view roots.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone: 905-413-3902 , T/L: 969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail: D1/YFY/8200/TOR
____________________________________

Inactive hide details for Samuel Lampa ---14/06/2011 05:15:20 PM---On 05/30/2011 04:34 PM, Samuel Lampa wrote: > 1. I want to pSamuel Lampa ---14/06/2011 05:15:20 PM---On 05/30/2011 04:34 PM, Samuel Lampa wrote: > 1. I want to programmatically open up a file selection

Samuel Lampa <samuel.lampa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

TM project developer discussions <tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

14/06/2011 05:15 PM

Re: [tm-dev] Opening remote file selection dialog? + Rec. way of fetching host?

Sent by:

tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 05/30/2011 04:34 PM, Samuel Lampa wrote:
> 1. I want to programmatically open up a file selection dialog through
> RSE, and get the selected resource in return.
> Any code examples on this, or just some pointers on how to get started?

I managed to do this now, with the following code:

SystemRemoteFileDialog dialog = new SystemRemoteFileDialog(SystemBasePlugin.getActiveWorkbenchShell());
dialog.open();
Object o = dialog.getSelectedObject();
if (o instanceof IRemoteFile) {
    IRemoteFile file = (IRemoteFile)
    System.out.println("Selected file's abs path: " + file.getAbsolutePath());
} else {
    System.out.println("No valid file selected!");
}

But, I still wonder how I can programmatically show only the files for a
specific remote connection (hiding the drop-down menu to choose
connection, at the top of the dialog)?

Also, I'd like the file tree to show by default only the files under a
specific directory (Same as manually right-clicking a folder in the main
RSE view and selecting "Go Into", but programmatically). Any hints how
this could be done?

Big thanks in advance,
// Samuel

--