Re: [tm-dev] Opening remote file selection dialog? + Rec. way of fetching host?

On 06/01/2011 08:20 PM, Samuel Lampa wrote:
On 05/30/2011 06:58 PM, Patrick Tassé wrote:
I use this: (resource is an instance of a subclass of AbstractResource)

IHost host = resource.getSubSystem().getHost();

ISubSystem[] sss = RSECorePlugin.getTheSystemRegistry().getSubsystems(host, IFileServiceSubSystem.class);
if (sss.length == 0 || !(sss[0] instanceof FileServiceSubSystem)) {
    MessageDialog.openWarning(getShell(), ..., ...);
    return;
}
FileServiceSubSystem fsss = (FileServiceSubSystem) sss[0];
Thanks, will try this!

Yes, this seems to do the trick (has not done anything useful with it yet though).

For the further development of a file selection dialog, it seems the Widgets API [1] is what I should study?

Any further tips on helpful relevant guides / docs are most welcome though. I'm rather new to Eclipse RCP and RSE development, so I don't always seem to look in the right place.

Is there anything such as an "RSE for developers" book, for example?

Cheers
// Samuel

[1] http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.rse.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/rse/ui/SystemWidgetHelpers.html

--