Re: [titan-dev] Request for comments: Titan Installer Script

Hi Elemer (for the mailinglist)

this sounds like a good plan.

Playing around with Titan, I realized that the script should build the
titan.core itself, matching the compiler of the host. The pre-compiled
binaries on the download-page are for a very specific distribution only
(right now distros using gcc-5.4, such as Ubuntu 16.04)

The build functionality is already present in the script, just needs to
be re-activated.

I expect, the more experience I get using Titan, the more the
installer-script will evolve.

Kind regards, Frank

On 13.03.2018 09:07, Elemér Lelik wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> For  the moment we will do as follows:
>
> In the  README.linux I will add a note mentioning your name and your script as a possible installation method.
>
> You can continue extending your script to other platforms you consider  relevant, and maybe also adding some more info about
> post-installation steps for Eclipse (and maybe some pre-requisites , if any ,for Eclipse) , also it should be specified which Eclipse version will be the basis for
> Titan plug-ins.
>
> Please  be aware that the script should be retested from time to time, at least once after every release, which is done historically  twice a year , next one due in May.
>

> Thank you and best regards
> Elemer

Back to the top