[tinydtls-dev] Some doubts before integrating the support for RIOT O.S.

Dear all,

I'm almost ready for sending a PR with my contribution with RIOT OS. I only need to catch  the bug that is killing my RIOT nodes by the changes between Tinydtls 0.8.2 and 0.8.6.

But I want to discuss some points that I believe require a common agreement

1 - Gaëtan, can you try my branch [1] with your Contiki 2.7 implementation? I want to be sure I didn't screwed anything  for Contiki (Linux is working fine).

2- The README has been already outdated as still make references to sourceforge and the (not anymore) special steps for Contiki. Not sure if only adding extra lines for RIOT, update it by myself or something else.

3 - What happens if the user compiles tinyDTLs without any of the cipher suites? For Linux is almost impossible due that the --without-* must be included at the moment of calling configure. However, for RIOT and Contiki it is another history. I added a line in tinydtls.h [2] for detecting this issue. But, I'm not sure if this approach is OK for Olaf.

4 - Names convention for files in  platform-specific/ . This directory was for Contiki (currently the "platform.h") , but I also added a single file called riot_boards.h . I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to rename "platform.h" to "contiki_platforms.h"  or renaming my file to "riot_platform.h" or any other special convention. This could be more relevant in the future.

5 - There are some whitespace and (void) lines I had to fix for RIOT (because it is more strict with those things) but this provokes that  "git diff" be highly verbose. I'm not sure if "fixing" this should be part of the PR with RIOT or a separated one. Also, there were  issues when only the ECC cipher suited is used (this maybe affects Contiki too).

And that is all for now, happy week!

Sincerely, Raul Fuentes

[1] https://github.com/rfuentess/TinyDTLS/tree/Merge_Gerrit
[2] https://github.com/rfuentess/TinyDTLS/blob/Merge_Gerrit/tinydtls.h#L39