Re: [tinydtls-dev] Hardware acceleration support for tinydtls

Hi Olaf,

Sorry for the delayed acknowledgement.

I have managed to adapt the Contiki AES interface to work with tinydtls and it is working fine.
Thank you for your support here.

Thanks,
Ram

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Olaf Bergmann <bergmann@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ram,

Ram Krishna Poricha <ram@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am currently using tinydtls with Contiki OS on TI's CC2538. I am
> using TI's CC2538 which supports hardware acceleration.
>
> Contiki supports AES-CCM* driver for the CC2538 SoC. I was wondering
> if it is possible to make use of these driver APIs to support hardware
> AES for tinydtls.

In principle, this should not be a problem. I have played a little with
the CC2538's crypto acceleration unit some time ago. One question I did
not investigate further is how to ensure that you do not unnecessarily
block the network interface while doing your AES calculations. (I did
not even check whether this could be an issue at all.)

> Can someone help me add support for hardware AES for tinydtls ?

A first step would be to check if you can adapt the Contiki AES
interface to work with tinydtls.

Grüße
Olaf

Back to the top