[tinydtls-dev] RETINUES - Really Tiny UDP Encryption Standard

Hello list,

here at EPAM Low Level Programming Department we have created an ESP8266-based IoT sensor/actor system.

After adding lots of features (several sensors, actor, lwm2m support, deep sleep, command interpreter,…) we wanted to add tinydtls cryptography.

Doing so we reached the limit of code the linker could fit into the binary to be flashed into the device. IoT devices are in many cases inherently limited, because of power consumption and/or cost per device.

This led us to devise an alternative cipher standard which needs about one order of magnitude less code. We think this will also contribute to much better security, because less code means less code to review.

Please find my  proposal here: https://github.com/FrankGerlach/RETINUES/wiki

Comments are of course welcome.

Kind regards

Frank Gerlach

Senior Software Engineer

Office: +375 17 389 0100 x 23178   Cell: +375 29 877 4976    Email: frank_gerlach@xxxxxxxx

Minsk, Belarus (GMT+3)   epam.com

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed and contains information that is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. All unintended recipients are obliged to delete this message and destroy any printed copies.

Back to the top