[technology-pmc] Terminating Eclipse DataEggs

Dear Technology PMC, dev list,

This email is to let you know of my intention to terminate the Eclipse DataEggs [1, 3] project. Please let me elaborate on the reasons to do so:
* DataEggs relies on a tool (Alambic [2]) that will not be maintained anymore.
* DataEggs relies on an external service (the server running Alambic) that has been decommissioned. Setting it up on another node proved to be.. very difficult.
* I won't have time to update the whole toolchain, and there is no other party interested in doing so either.
* Although people initially seemed to see value in DataEggs, the project has not been widely used -- to my knowledge at least.

[1] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.dataeggs
[2] https://alambic.io
[3] https://www.eclipse.org/dataeggs/

I'll be happy to answer any question you may have.

Thank you, have a beautiful day!

--
Boris Baldassari

Back to the top