Re: [technology-pmc] Committer Election for Frederic Ebelshaeuser on Eclipse Marketplace Client has started

The Eclipse Foundation Development Process defines three "open source rules of engagement". Specifically, Eclipse projects are required to operate in an open, transparent, and meritocratic manner.

In this regard, committer elections cannot be run on speculation that an individual will contribute.

> He continuously helped us maintain the Marketplace Client behind the scenes and pushed the concepts that help us modernize the Client.

How do you mean "behind the scenes"? There must be no "behind the scenes" when a project is operating in an open and transparent manner. Strategic decisions must never be made behind the scenes. Can you point to any bugs/issue comments that have been contributed by the nominee?

If the nominee is ready to be a committer, then my expectation is that they should be able to make a small number of contributions via pull requests to demonstrate that to the community.

Wayne