Re: [technology-pmc] CodeMatch code snippet search engine considers moving to Eclipse Recommenders

Thanks Gunnar. I split the discussion for CodeMatch and a general approach for code recommenders here. This email is about the move of CodeMatch.

I continued the conversation with Doug and we discussed a few things by email such as future plans, copyright, common technology stack etc. It looks good to me and we would like to continue now :)

CodeMatch is developed by two people: Doug Wightman, and Zi Ye. Since this is my first time I do this: What is the common way how to move a project to Eclipse? The approach I have in mind is as follows:

1. They move the code to a new namespace and add EPL license headers to their files.
2. They contribute their tool via Eclipse Bugzilla.
3. I start the committer election for both.
4. When IP check and committer election pass we move the code to Eclipse Recommenders and continue development here.

Is this approach OK/correct?

Thanks,
Marcel

--