[technology-pmc] Re: [ofmp-dev] Committer Election for Jan Blankenhorn

Meritocracy is something that is taken very seriously by the Eclipse projects and community. Just being hired do a job doesn't get you committer rights. You need to earn them.

I'm have vetoed the election; you can renominate Jan at a later date.

Wayne

Aleksey Aristov wrote:
Hello!

Ok. Your point is clear. It's not a case when people are "assigned" to
project. It's a case when they have to "win" the right to work on
project. It's a bit strange, since in this specific case we really
"assign" person to a project, since we are a company and Jan works for
us.

So let's wait a bit, and I will work as a "proxy" for him, to access
cvs repository with web site. It will slightly inconvenient, but as I
can see it's a price of real meritocracy. :)