Re: [technology-pmc] COSMOS project dependency question

I'm pretty sure that you can mention Tomcat, JBoss, etc. without a CQ. I'll confirm.

Wayne

David Whiteman wrote:
Thanks for the quick response, Wayne.

If you are correct in classifying this as an exempt prereq, when we refer to such a dependence in our download/install/usage instructions, are we able to give examples of such implementations? For instance, could we include an instruction like this:

1. Install your favorite JSP 2.0-compliant web server (e.g. Tomcat, JBOSS, etc.)

Or must we avoid even mentioning names such as "Tomcat" without getting a CQ approval? Would this start to imply some sort of non-exempt prereq? I would hope we could do this, since using descriptive prose in every instance where we want to refer to a web server is awkward and error-prone, and really not very usable.

Thanks,
David
---
David Whiteman | IBM Tivoli Autonomic Computing
Eclipse COSMOS project committer | http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/
dlwhiteman@xxxxxxxxxx | 919-254-8224 | T/L 444-8224