[technology-pmc] Re: [actf-dev] ACTF Hands on meeting at ASSETS 2008

> Yes, we did agree to this in the minutes:

This is enough, isn't it? I think ACTF members agreed that the most
important thing is a community outreach.

Fortunately, some of ACTF members will be at ASSETS 2008, and they can
interactively introduce ACTF to participants. In addition to this, as in
Yeliz's response, they are now confirming the availability of telephone
conference facilities. Please let us know what else do you need?

>Of  course, the other problem is that these minutes were never confirmed
> bc a September monthly call was not arranged.

I thought that the minutes were confirmed because no one send the
objection.  If you have any suggestion to make our community development
plan more efficient, please send them to the ML. We can discuss anything
at anytime by using the ML. You can also arrange the monthly call.

Anyway, I'll try to arrange next monthly call.

> I would, at the very least, like to see the presentation posted to this
list prior to the conference.

It might depend on the policy of conference. In some cases, the material
is limited to the participants and we can't publish it to public ML.

BTW, we can provide the materials to support preparation of the
presentation. I might not be able to go to ASSETS, but I will support
preparation of the presentation.

How about you?

Best regards,
Kentarou
---
Kentarou Fukuda, Ph.D.
Tokyo Research Laboratory, IBM Japan
Tel: +81-46-215-4659
E-mail: kentarou@xxxxxxxxxx

Michael A Squillace <masquill@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: actf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
2008/09/26 02:11
Please respond to
ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [actf-dev] ACTF Hands on meeting at ASSETS 2008

Yes, we did agree to this in the minutes:

"
Action Item: Chieko, Yeliz, Kentarou, and Simon to attend and participate
at ASSETS, October 13-15, in Halifax, Canada.
 "

However, I recall also discussing teleconferencing possibilities so that
others in the community could participate in the discussion/presentation.
This is not reflected in the minutes. Of course, the other problem is that
these minutes were never confirmed bc a September monthly call was not
arranged. I would, at the very least, like to see the presentation posted
to this list prior to the conference.
--> Mike Squillace
IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center
Accessibility Tools Framework (ACTF) co-technical lead
http://www.eclipse.org/actf

W:512.823.7423
M:512.970.0066

External: http://www.ibm.com/able
Internal: http://w3.ibm.com/able
Kentarou Fukuda <KENTAROU@xxxxxxxxxx>

Kentarou Fukuda <KENTAROU@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: actf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/25/2008 11:58 AM

Please respond to
ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject

Re: [actf-dev] ACTF Hands on meeting at ASSETS 2008

Holding an ACTF introduction session at accessibility conferences is very
important effort to expand an ACTF community. We discussed it at ACTF
monthly call in August. (Minutes is here,
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/actf-dev/msg00150.html)

I think Eclipse is an open community and any committers/contributors can
work to activate the community.

The member of ACTF are widely spread in the World, and we can use the
characteristics as leverage to hold sessions in many places. Of course, I
hope we can hold an "ACTF all-hands meeting" in the future!!

Yeliz,

Thank you very much for arranging the ACTF introduction session at ASSETS
2008. I'll post it to our newsgroup later.

Best regards,
Kentarou
---
Kentarou Fukuda, Ph.D.
Tokyo Research Laboratory, IBM Japan
Tel: +81-46-215-4659
E-mail: kentarou@xxxxxxxxxx

Michael A Squillace <masquill@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: actf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
2008/09/26 00:58
Please respond to
ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [actf-dev] ACTF Hands on meeting at ASSETS 2008

Yeliz:
I think it inappropriate to hold an ACTF dev community meeting in which
all ACTF community members cannot participate. I have CCed the Technology
PMC (our parent project) for their opinion.

Yeliz Yesilada <yesilady@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yeliz Yesilada <yesilady@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: actf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/25/2008 10:10 AM

Please respond to
ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [actf-dev] ACTF Hands on meeting at ASSETS 2008

Hi Mike,

We will look into this but we are not sure if the hotel has the
teleconferencing facilities.

Regards,
Yeliz.