RE: [technology-pmc] first Subversive build - question

Igor,

Bjorn is on vacation, and he is more often than not the person who answers these questions. Although I am not on the Technology PMC, I believe I can give you a definitive answer.

The answer is: yes, you can start stable build publishing and announcing those without a release review. You can also publish milestones without a release review. What you cannot do is (a) publish a release or a release candidate with any IP that has not yet been fully reviewed (e.g. nothing still in the parallel IP process) and (b) publish a release without a release review. Furthermore, you must follow the guidelines for conforming with the incubation status (see below).

This is all documented in the Guidelines for Incubation Phase.

Also please read the requirements for being a conforming incubator project. Of specific relevance here:

All conforming Incubation phase Eclipse projects are eligible to participate in the Parallel IP process. A conforming project:

1.      Is in the Incubation phase.

2.      Correctly displays the incubation logo on their project home page.

3.      Correctly displays the same incubation logo on their project's primary download page.

4.      All downloadable zip files for builds and milestones must include the word "incubation" in the filename. For example, DSF-SDK-incubation-N20070413-0200.zip

o    The jar files in the download zip file are not required to contain the word "incubation" in the filename. (See bug 178944 for the explanation.)

5.      All "Bundle-Name"s must include the world "incubation". Note that "Bundle-SymbolicName"s should not include "incubation" because the Bundle-SymbolicName is a technical namespace, not a user namespace. For example, Bundle-Name: Foo Plug-in (Incubation)

6.      Similarly, the names for update manager features must include the word "incubation". For example, Eclipse Platform (Incubation)

I hope this helps.

Mike Milinkovich

Office: +1.613.224.9461 x228

Mobile: +1.613.220.3223