[technology-pmc] Re: [Fwd: JWT Proposal?]

Hello Bjorn

I understand your point of view and it is obviously legitimate. Actually I'm even pleased by the fact that you're implying there is a final deadline, because it has obviously drawn on for long (I'm not going to expand this point right here), and it really needs to go out - now.

There are at least two reasons the Java Workflow Toolbox proposal is not going to die but instead go to the submitted proposal stage in the span of this month. The first is that we have a new major contribution spanning major areas (eclipse-based BPM editor with a metamodel) but as well others not previously covered by other projects ("Desktop User BPM"). The second is that JWT will be contributed by many partners, both industrial and institutional, in the context of the newly accepted, european institutions-funded project SCOrWare, that aims to build an SOA framework.

JWT has now also an informal board and a final-stage proposition accessible on the JWT wiki.

The JWT team will go back at you for the practical details before the end of the week.

Marc Dutoo
Open Wide

Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:

Marc,
The Java Workflow Toolbox proposal is almost a year old now. My guess is that it's not going to become an Eclipse project because if it was going to do so, it would have done so by now. The last I noticed in the newsgroup was that something would happen by the end of September, but now it's October and still nothing has happened. Thus unless we hear otherwise from you, we're going to mark the proposal as withdrawn.

Regards,
Bjorn

Back to the top