[technology-pmc] Re: Update to SVN Team Provider proposal

Title: Bjorn Freeman
Mark,

Mark Phippard wrote:
I apologize if I have "dropped the ball" here, but I must confess that I
do not seem to understand the process as I thought I did.
No problem - I probably did not explain it properly.
but I guess I was expecting
that I was going to receive more (any) feedback from Eclipse.org or other
Eclipse community members.
Unfortunately, no. The proposal phase gives the community the *opportunity* to provide feedback, but whether they do or not is random.
I think we had sufficient resources when we proposed the project and I
think we might have picked up a bit more since then.
Great.
However, I need to
get with all of these people about filling out the Eclipse paperwork to be
sure.

That can be done after the Creation Review; better to get the Creation Review scheduled and under way.
Looking at the recommended format of the Creation Review, the only area I
am not sure of is the community response.
Just summarize what response you did get in your slide deck.
Getting back to the Creation Review, I think I need some time to put it
together and possibly do any other stuff that I have not done yet (such as
get people to fill out paperwork).  What kind of timeline are we talking
about, and are there any other things I should potentially look for that I
may not have done?
Nope, it's easier than you think.
  1. Send email to Anne Jacko (emo@xxxxxxxxxxx) saying you want to schedule the review. She'll get a slot set. (In fact, if you can get the slides done by tomorrow, you can do the review next Wednesday.)
  2. At least one week before, send her the slides to post.
  3. Make sure the proposal on the website includes the list of all the initial Committers and a short bio/explanation of why this person should be a committer on the project.
That's it. Everything else can happen post-Review.

Looking forward to the project...
--
Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Director, Open Source Process