Re: [technology-pmc] [Fwd: Neil Bartlett - New Committer Request Form]

ok... no problem... its just I actually had not approved it quite yet (i had an unsent email pending) but was in the process of doing so... you beat me to it due to your timezone advantage in France :)

consider it approved.

Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>

07/05/2006 11:02 AM

John Duimovich/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
cc
Technology PMC <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, doug.gaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rogalski@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [technology-pmc] [Fwd: Neil Bartlett - New Committer Request Form]

John,
Could you just cc the technology-pmc@ mailing list when you do approvals for committers and code contributions? That will help me/us avoid contradicting you and annoying our hard-working project teams.

Mark,
Sorry about the incorrect assumption that there was no PMC approval.

John Duimovich wrote:

Bjorn,

He asked me for approval and I and I was replying (just this morning)  and my (now useless unsent reply) asked him to put my name on the PMC list as approved. I took yesterday off (take advantage of us holiday :)) so I assumed I'd have time to answer.

Well, uh, I'm in Europe at ECOOP and there's no holiday here.

Your second question stands... some justification would be nice to have for these committers. From what I understand, Neil would be working on improving the QT port of eSWT which is something that would be good for the project.  Neil is also a volunteer in this scope so being difficult with rights here could be counter productive.

Mark - do you plan to restrict him to this component ? I forget if eRCP is divided into separable components this way.

John

Back to the top