From: Sylvain Wallez [mailto:sylvain@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: March 27, 2006 4:28 AM
To: Wayne Beaton
Cc: lepido-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lepido-dev] Technology PMC Project Review

Wayne Beaton wrote:

Hi Sylvain

We, the Technology PMC, have been somewhat remiss in our

duties as a

PMC and have not been helping our sub-projects progress and

flourish.

We have made a commitment to ourselves and the community to be more
active in 2006. As part of that greater activity, we are

reviewing the

Technology sub-projects one-by-one and have come to the

Lepido Project.

Based on our review of activity in Bugzilla, the mailing list, and
news group, it does not appear that the project is

currently active.

There does not appear to have been any code checked into

CVS for some

time. Is there ongoing activity in the Lepido project? Is

it time to

archive the project, or is there something that we in the

Technology

PMC can do to help reinvigorate it?

We've addressed this query to you as project lead. We would, of
course, be happy to hear from others on the project. Our own PMC
minutes can be found here:
http://www.eclipse.org/technology/pmc-minutes.php.  We

thank you for

your attention.

Wayne,

Although we regret it, the initial committer group (and the backing
company) has no more time nor resources to invest on the
Lepido project for the foreseeable future, and close to none
of the initial interested parties actually contributed.

So, if no other people stand up to get the ball rolling, I
think we can consider the Lepido project as being inactive
and therefore archive it.

You can find a discussion on this subject at
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.technology.lepid
o/msg00129.html

Sylvain

--