[tangle.ee-wg] Tangle EE Working Group Participant Representatives Election Announcement

The Tangle EE Working Group Charter identifies the Steering Committee will drive the various facets of the working group for which there are elected positions to be filled.

In the case of Tangle EE, the elected positions are for Participant Members for which there are two seats. Note that Strategic Members each have a representative appointed to the Steering Committee.

Through this email, we are announcing that the Eclipse Foundation will hold an election on behalf of the working group using the proposed timetable listed below.  FYI, this mimics the process used by other working groups as well as the process used by the Eclipse Foundation itself for filling the elected positions on our Board.

All members are encouraged to consider nominating someone from a Participant Member for the positions, and self-nominations are welcome.  The Participant Members of the working group are:

Calypso Networks Association

Dell Technologies

Energinet

ENGIE LAB CRIGEN - CSAI

IOTIFY (Ternary GmbH)

Software AG

Nominations should be sent to this mailing list using the subject line of “Tangle EE Steering Committee - Participant Nomination”.

Once nominations are closed, we will inform the working group of the confirmed candidates standing.  Typically, we encourage all candidates to provide a short bio including their position statement.  At that point, we will distribute ballots via email to those eligible to vote.  The election process will follow the Eclipse “Single Transferable Vote” method, as defined in the Eclipse Bylaws.

The winning candidates will be announced on this mailing list shortly after close of election.

 Election Schedule

Call for Nominations: May 14 - 21, 2021

Announce Candidates Standing:  May 25, 2021

Ballot Distribution (Election):  May 29 - June 3, 2021

Announce Participant Member Representatives:  June 4, 2021

The following positions will be filled as part of this election:

Steering Committee - Two seats allocated to Participant Members

Please feel free to reach out if there are any questions.

Best Regards,

Sharon Corbett
Program Director, Working Group Operations
Eclipse Foundation

Back to the top