Re: [swtchart-dev] Export Option in plain Java Application

Hi Yash,

you could use the chart settings to add an export menu item:
addMenuEntry(IChartMenuEntry menuEntry);

It's possible via the ChartSettings to completely rearrange the menu. This needs to be done in the final product, as the extensions can't consume the export bundles. This would lead to a circular dependency. The bundle hierarchy is as follows:

org.eclipse.swtchart
org.eclipse.swtchart.extensions
org.eclipse.swtchart.export

The bundle "org.eclipse.swtchart.export" currently requires Apache Batik etc. for exporting to SVG. I could imagine to split the export bundle into two bundles:

1) org.eclipse.swtchart.export.simple
2) org.eclipse.swtchart.export.enhanced

The first bundles only contains export handler, which require no additional libraries, like the built-in jpg or csv export. We could also place the template SVG export in such a bundle.

The latter one requires Apache Batik, etc.. The consumer can then decide, whether to use the simple or enhanced export bundle or both.

Best,
Philip