Re: [swtbot-dev] Swtbot with an EMF/GEF/GMF Editor

On 05/23/2014 09:53 AM, MAGGI Benoit Intérimaire wrote:
Has anyone an idea of the effort that  it will cost to get the Recorder working with Gmf editors ?
AFAIK (but I may be totally wrong, I didn't try it), graphical events are not directly visible through SWT event loop, so it would require to put a listener on the draw2d even loop of the diagram. Then it's just a matter of writing a few rules to map events to code.
It was pretty easy to start writing the SWT recorder, so I guess it isn't more complicated to draft a Draw2d/GEF recorder. You just don't have to overthink it: find a place where to put a listener that will find events, and then write rules for events. If you're lucky, you can have your first pieces of recorder (for example selection of an item) working within a couple of hours.

What are the current “hot” topic on swtbot ? Features that are currently being developed.

There is no hot topics from our (JBoss/Red Hat) side. I can't speak for other contributors. We're currently happy of the state of SWTBot and we don't plan new things.
You'll notice that SWTBot is a community project, and doesn't have a roadmap. People can come and bring what they want to the project as long as the community agrees to get it in. So there is no "big plan" and "hot topics" aren't necessarily known in advance.

If you want to start working on a recorder for Draw2d/GEF, that would definitely become a hot topic for SWTBot ;)
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top