[swordfish-dev] Chat transcript 24/02/2009

Title: Chat transcript 24/02/2009
[START Transcript 24/02/2009]

Andreas Mattes
STATUS: Currently assembling an installation of Eclipse Galileo M5 with the current CVS head of the BPEL Editor. Tracking down a problem with some required bundles from WTP not being installed properly into Eclipse.

Oliver Wolf
STATUS: continuing work on Orbit bundles, confident to have everything done and checked in by the end of the sprint, no impediments.

Andrey Kopachevsky
STATUS: ODE examples still don't works, now exception throwing from inside ODE execution engine. But my problem is that I moved to fresh trunk and now again can't install jbi component. If this thinks reproduce at dietmar env, we'll ask Guallaume for help

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Task:Deploy http jbi endpoint in osgi environment
The in only scenario have passed. About the in-out, currently getting the ClassCast exception inside the nmr. The problem seems to be solved in the snapshot version of the org.apache.servicemix.cxf.transport.nmr project. But can not compose the stable swordfish target platform that contains that bundle. I have struggled with it for 2 days. There are some problems related to equinox

Sergey Dneprovskiy
STATUS:
Task: refactor existing service resolver interceptor and integration tests in order to extract proxy for local file system.
Need to discuss: after resolving problems with a failed test I can start implementing registry proxy for remote service description lookup.
This proxy will communicate with a remote registry via interface specified on: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Swordfish_Documentation:_registry_interface

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
STATUS:
Finished task "Implementing loading of registry artifacts from file system into the in memory domain model"
Wil start with next task: "Implement the request "lookup wsdl with specified portType name""

Dietmar Wolz
STATUS:
current tasks:
a) Try to run BPEL samples
b) Try to deploy the actual Snapshot build of ODE to SMIX4
progress:
a) BPEL samples are deployable but still problems during testing with the actual smix nmr
b) java.util.zip.ZipException: still investigated
next tasks:
continue with a) and b)

Renat Zubairov
STATUS: 3.2 tasks, no Galileo related activities

Jürgen Kindler
STATUS:
Finished acquiring basic OSGi knowledge
Trying to strip down configuration integration tests using Spring OSGi mock features

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
Anubhav is in Karsruhe today and ask me to be his deputy as Scrum Master today and tomorrow.

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Now the target platform depends on the snapshot version of the SMX NMR, KERNEL, Components and features, so it might become unstable from time to time

Oliver Wolf
why do we need smx kernel?
we don't have a cq for that

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
http binding component relies on that
BTW we always included kernel bundles in the swordfish target platform

Oliver Wolf
yes, but i assumed that these were just there and could be removed at some point

Dietmar Wolz
there seems to be no regular source release for http binding, also ODE relies on the actual version of http binding, we probably need a new cq at least for the new http binding

Oliver Wolf
but it shouldn't be a huge problem we're going to step up to version 1.0.0. as soon as it's released anyway, so i'll have to discuss this with the IP team
and someone should explain to me one day why ode relies on a specific version of the http binding... shouldn't that be decoupled?
isn't that he point of the nmr?

Guillaume Nodet
yes, they should not be dependant
how is servicemix-http dependant on the kernel ?

Dietmar Wolz
when the ODE samples finally work under smx4 we should try old versions of http-bindiing but for now I want to avoid any additional source of trouble

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
servicemix-http.xml contains such entry
<osgi:reference id="keystoreManager" interface="org.apache.servicemix.kernel.jaas.config.KeystoreManager" />

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
Guys, before going into detail. Has anybody questions concerning the overall status?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
this service resides in the org.apache.servicemix.kernel.jaas.config project
yes
I just wanted to state, that I'm spending unacceptable ammount of time to reveal, why some bundles from the target platform are not starting
I would like to get some help

Oliver Wolf
if this amount of time is unacceptable, what is your proposal? how ould we speed it up?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Maybe from Andrey Kopachevsky

Andrey Kopachevsky
yes I'm also need help

Oliver Wolf
from my perspective, it would make perfect sense f you guys wold team up to resolve this isse

Andrey Kopachevsky
from Volodimir)

Oliver Wolf
a match made in heaven

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
))))))

Andrey Kopachevsky
we can just switch our work places maybe)

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
So Andrey and Voldymyr your now a pair and team up
Congrats

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
Do you need support from someone else to get the whole stuff up and running?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
no as for now

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
Any other open topics we should discuss now?

Sergey Dneprovskiy
small update from my side: I've seen that integration tests are failing now
I can also take a look at them

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
you can count on my help

Sergey Dneprovskiy
ok

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
I think we can finish our daily meeting

Oliver Wolf
ok, back to the ode isse if you don't mind
@guillaume: do you feel that this dependecy between http and kernel is accidental?

Dietmar Wolz
@Guillaume some questions to you:
Do you expect an older version of http-binding working with smx4 kernel?
If we need a newer version, is there a regular distribution of the actual http-binding sources (beside http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/servicemix/components/bindings/servicemix-http/trunk/)?
Do you have any idea what can be the reason for the "java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size exception"
when I try to deploy an ODE snapshot version instead of ODE 1.2?

Guillaume Nodet
wow, 5 questions at a time

Oliver Wolf
one per day until saturday

Guillaume Nodet
so first the dependency: servicemix-http packaged as a jbi component can be deployed on any jbi compliant container
packaged as an osgi bundle, we haven't really focused on deploying on anything else beside smx4 kernel + nmr
so the dependency comes from that, but it would be good if we can make that optional somehow

Oliver Wolf
do you plan to make a new release of the components along with nmr 1.0 ?

Guillaume Nodet
yes
fwiw, any version of servicemix-http can be deployed on smx kernel + nmr using the osgi packaging
but for the osgi packaging, we are stuck with the latest version atm
s/version/snapshot
for ode, i'd need the whole stack trace to have any clue where it come from
also, if you are testing with smx kernel, jbi components have a problem which was just fixed a few minutes ago in felix (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-953)
that was causing a NPE to be thrown when creating the bootstrap for ode

Dietmar Wolz
@Guillaume is updating the smx4 kernel sufficient to get this felix bug fixed (is the pom updated to point to the fixed felix version)? And when testing with snx nmr (and loading needed stuff explicitely) ?

Guillaume Nodet
yes, a new felix snapshot have been deployed, so if you rebuild kernel + nmr, it should work
maybe remove the felix snpshot from your local repo to make sure it download the latest one
i'm not sure about the ZipException though, if anybody could give me the stack trace, that would be helpful to have a quick diagnostic of the problem

Dietmar Wolz
ZipException trace will follow in 5 min
Using
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/ODE/job/ODE-trunk/lastStableBuild/artifact/trunk/distro/target/apache-ode-jbi-2.1-SNAPSHOT.zip
with command
osgi/install jbi:file:///Users/dwolz/Documents/equinox/ode/190209/apache-ode-jbi-2.1-SNAPSHOT/ode-jbi-2.1-SNAPSHOT.zip$DynamicImport-Package=javax.*,org.xml.*,org.w3c.*,org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.*
exception thrown is
java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size (expected 3290 but got 1470 bytes)
at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.closeEntry(ZipOutputStream.java:194)
at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.deployer.handler.Transformer.transformToOSGiBundle(Transformer.java:127)
at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.deployer.handler.Connection.getInputStream(Connection.java:74)
at org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.getURLConnectionInputStream(SecureAction.java:388)
at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.JarRevision.initialize(JarRevision.java:165)
at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.JarRevision.<init>(JarRevision.java:78)
at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.JarRevision.<init>(JarRevision.java:56)
at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleArchive.createRevisionFromLocation(BundleArchive.java:986)
at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleArchive.revise(BundleArchive.java:614)
at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleArchive.<init>(BundleArchive.java:140)
at org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleCache.create(BundleCache.java:158)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.installBundle(Felix.java:2011)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.installBundle(Felix.java:1971)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:130)
at org.apache.servicemix.kernel.gshell.osgi.InstallBundle.install(InstallBundle.java:65)
at org.apache.servicemix.kernel.gshell.osgi.InstallBundle.doExecute(InstallBundle.java:41)
at org.apache.servicemix.kernel.gshell.core.OsgiCommandSupport.execute(OsgiCommandSupport.java:48)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.wisdom.command.CommandSupport.executeAction(CommandSupport.java:303)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.wisdom.command.StatefulCommand.executeAction(StatefulCommand.java:94)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.wisdom.command.CommandSupport.execute(CommandSupport.java:194)
at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.doInvoke(ServiceInvoker.java:64)
at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.invoke(ServiceInvoker.java:78)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:131)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:119)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
at org.springframework.osgi.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invokeUnprivileged(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:57)
at org.springframework.osgi.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invoke(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:40)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.LocalBundleContextAdvice.invoke(LocalBundleContextAdvice.java:59)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:131)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:119)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
at $Proxy15.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.wisdom.shell.CommandLineExecutorImpl.doExecute(CommandLineExecutorImpl.java:127)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.wisdom.shell.CommandLineExecutorImpl.execute(CommandLineExecutorImpl.java:106)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.parser.visitor.ExecutingVisitor$1.run(ExecutingVisitor.java:208)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.parser.visitor.ExecutingVisitor.executePiped(ExecutingVisitor.java:231)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.parser.visitor.ExecutingVisitor.visit(ExecutingVisitor.java:107)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.parser.ASTExpression.jjtAccept(ASTExpression.java:17)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.parser.SimpleNode.childrenAccept(SimpleNode.java:61)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.parser.visitor.ExecutingVisitor.visit(ExecutingVisitor.java:90)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.parser.ASTCommandLine.jjtAccept(ASTCommandLine.java:17)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.wisdom.shell.CommandLineBuilderImpl$1.execute(CommandLineBuilderImpl.java:96)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.wisdom.shell.CommandLineExecutorImpl.execute(CommandLineExecutorImpl.java:71)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.wisdom.shell.ShellImpl.execute(ShellImpl.java:172)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.wisdom.shell.ShellImpl$2.execute(ShellImpl.java:208)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.console.Console.work(Console.java:187)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.console.Console.run(Console.java:128)
at org.apache.geronimo.gshell.wisdom.shell.ShellImpl.run(ShellImpl.java:252)
at org.apache.servicemix.kernel.gshell.core.ShellWrapper.run(ShellWrapper.java:81)
at org.apache.servicemix.kernel.gshell.core.LocalConsole.run(LocalConsole.java:125)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

Guillaume Nodet
using the latest nmr snapshot ?
ah, sorry, missed the fact that you were using ode snapshot
but afaik, the target zip is not the jbi component, it's the distribution which contains some docs + the jbi component inside
well, in any case, let me try

Dietmar Wolz
of course I extracted the jbi component from the zip
Same error if I build the ODE snapshot by myself

Guillaume Nodet
yes, i have reproduced the error
ok, will try to have a look

Dietmar Wolz
thanks Guillaume

Andrey Kopachevsky
We both with Dietmar received following exception trace while trying to install ODE on latest SMX4 build:
17:23:04,636 | ERROR | localShell       | Deployer                         | cemix.jbi.deployer.impl.Deployer  292 | Error handling bundle start event
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.deployer.impl.ComponentInstaller.createBootstrap(ComponentInstaller.java:331)
at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.deployer.impl.ComponentInstaller.initBootstrap(ComponentInstaller.java:286)
at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.deployer.impl.ComponentInstaller.init(ComponentInstaller.java:102)
at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.deployer.impl.Deployer.register(Deployer.java:285)
at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.deployer.impl.AbstractBundleWatcher.onBundleStarted(AbstractBundleWatcher.java:78)
24.02.09 17:34
Guallaume, I understand that you probably don't have much free time for this, I can just  ask so look on it when you get some:)

Guillaume Nodet
the patch is ready, i was about to commit it
done
svn up and rebuild the nmr should fix the issue
let me know if you have other problems wrt smx / ode
the NPE is fixed by using latest felix snapshot and rebuilding kernel + nmr

[END]

Want to join the chat?
http://www.skype.com/go/joinpublicchat?skypename=ranyart99&topic=Swordfish%20Developers&blob=Gu7tZh64gTuo551Icz6_iwhXVeXxQ0K4yEzI5XFwGdWIQ_-miteLtgSBILodJ8koN6Uwy9PiotEU5ewRYFqEJeUtl1Yhfc1ipuVwOFz0SWN9HwMZAeikprh0R_8

--

Oliver Wolf
SOPERA GmbH

Back to the top