[swordfish-dev] Chat transcript 17/02/2009

Title: Chat transcript 17/02/2009
[START Transcript 17/02/2009]

Jürgen Kindler
Hi folks - I also would agree to the idea of prepared status infos. I think it improves readability. Maybe the scrum master (hi Anubhav) to simply post the names in order we should paste our status first so we do not negotiate the order again and again (yesterday it obviously did not work well...

Anubhav Sharma
yup exactly
i will send the order

Jürgen Kindler
Hi folks - it seems like the Eclipse site - including the repos is in trouble for the moment. I guess the committers will be notified if things are normal again. I would like to be informed when the SVN repo is up again, because right now it is not and the project build fails again and again ...

Anubhav Sharma
thx for notifying jürgen
Hello everyone
we have a very good suggestion from Dietmar
for our daily scrum
from 15.50 to 15.55 everyone should post their daily status in the chat
15.55 to 16.00 everyone can go through the status from everyone
from 16 we can start our daily scrum, go one by one and if someone has questions, discussion for impediments etc, we can do it
so we will save time and also the daily scrum will be documented to be posted in the eclipse forum
if everyone agrees, we can give it a shot today

Andrey Kopachevsky
ok

Anubhav Sharma
great

Dietmar Wolz
agreed

Anubhav Sharma
Everyone please remember the times

Jürgen Kindler
Agreed!

Anubhav Sharma
great

Sergey Dneprovskiy
ok

Oliver Wolf
will comply

Joerg Drescher
Hello Team,
Is there a way through Eclipse Demonstrations or Webinars, that we can hold our Sprint Demo publicly?
Any Ideas welcome, I would like to send out the demo invitiation today

Oliver Wolf
no, there isn't.... webinars are organized by the foundation and will be recorded and published on the Eclipse live site.... it's not meant for things like sprint demos

Joerg Drescher
Other ideas how we could make it community public?

Jürgen Kindler
Well... maybe create a blog topic and post it there...

Anubhav Sharma
do we need a public demo?

Joerg Drescher
That we at least could do after the demo

Anubhav Sharma
we should definately publish our results
that  can be done in the blog and wiki

Jürgen Kindler
Yes, in the blog we could give single screen shots per topic and that's it... don't make it too big and resource intensive ...

Andrey Kopachevsky
someone knows what happend with apache svn server?

Jürgen Kindler
Apache?

Guillaume Nodet
it's down
one disk failed
it should be up again later today afaik

Andrey Kopachevsky
I see, thnks
In order to do not postpone other team members work under ODE task, I've implemented provided https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4-51
workaround, Anubhav and Dietmar please see exchange/akopachevsly/SMX_ODE folder
it hasn't been copied yet) 5 min
but new exception appeared)
i'm currently comparing work of ode-jbi 1.2 version on smx3 (where it successfully stated up) and smx4, if someone want to try with ode 2.1 your welcome

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
Guys, did we already decide which mocjk framework (easymock or jmock) we are using?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
I tried both, and to my mind easymock has more flexible and easy to use api. But anyway What is the reason to use mock libraries?

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
If you are writing more behavior oriented unit tests mocks are indispensable. And before writing mocks myself I like to use a library for it.

Jürgen Kindler
We do not have to implement separate mock classes, but can focus implementing specific behaviour needed for a test ... I would say ...

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
Jürgen, I am not sure I really got your point.

Jürgen Kindler
Well... if we create mock classes we add some static behaviour (as I see it today) ... but if we use libraries like EasyMock, we create the behaviour of the mock we need within the test where we need it... I guess what you say is basically the same ... What I stress on is that we do not create many mock implementations as classes and the behaviour is in context of the test that uses the mock.

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
OK, I got it.
I assume you also opt for easymock?

Jürgen Kindler
Yes .

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
Anybody except me opting for jmock?

Anubhav Sharma
so just to remind
between 15.50 to 15.55 everybody should post their daily scrum status
15.55 everyone can go through it
and from 16 we start our daily meeting and go through the status

Dietmar Wolz
STATUS:
current task - together with Andrey:
Deploy ODE to SMIX4 (see http://ode.apache.org/jbi-deployment.html)
solved issue: TransactionManager class loading- applied the
patch from https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4-51
open issue: JPA / Derby problem inside deployed ODE
next tasks:
a) Try to deploy the actual Snapshot build of ODE to SMIX4 to test if the JPA-Problem is solved already in ODE
b) Write to the ode dev mailing list and ask about the JPA problem
c) When deployment successful, try BPEL examples from ODE in SMIX4

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Task:Migrate to the 1.0.0-m3 version of the ServiceMix4 NMR
Addressed classloading issue related to resolving javax.xml.stream spi. Though the swordfish application is now unstable( sometimes the swordfish.core iinterceptors are not registered). Trying to reolve that. So the task is not done yet

Andrey Kopachevsky
1. now we don’t have problem with transaction manager compatibility.
I've implement quick but "dirty" workaround to have change move forward.
2. If you don’t mind I’ll implement extension bundle for transaction manager fix later when we’ll integrate working ode solution to swordfish.
3. Currently ODE component throws new exception connected to JPA persitence. Working with this problem.

Sergey Dneprovskiy
Hello All, my status is as following:
Current task: none
Reason: I'm still off sprint due to other tasks in SOPERA 3.2 endgame with higher priority which should be finished first. After that I will join the SOA Team.

Jürgen Kindler
STATUS:
Still digging into OSGI
Have a local CI running that repeatedly fails, because I cannot access Eclipse SVN
Build server currently not yet available - will have to wait for Markus to reactivate it.

Anubhav Sharma
STATUS:
Offsprint
General Info: Creating initial page for Eclipse wiki

Oliver Wolf
STATUS: All ATO (add-to-orbit) CQs filed, waiting for approval, continuing to build orbit packages, still confident to finish in time, won't be here tomorrow (vacation)

Anubhav Sharma
so we can go through one by one as printed in the chat and discuss the issues if required

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
yep

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
STATUS:Finished defining project for registry.
Will start defining (& implementing) the in memory domain model for the registry.
No new impediment.

Anubhav Sharma
just a small question Andrey
regarding ur patch

Andrey Kopachevsky
not my, actually)

Dietmar Wolz
Issue: Because of open problems (where we haven't found its source and possible solutions) its still unclear whether we can get ODE in time
the patch is in https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4-51

Anubhav Sharma
is this the patch u r talking about Andrey?

Andrey Kopachevsky
Anubhav: the path is provided in this bug, I've just use instruction

Dietmar Wolz
yes, it solved one problem and enabled us to locate the next

Anubhav Sharma
okies

Andrey Kopachevsky
yes, our mistake that we think that is ode-jbi is jbi compliant it should work without problem on SMX4
but it not

Anubhav Sharma
how much do u think we deviate from the estimation regarding ODE story

Andrey Kopachevsky
really can't predict what will be the next issue, but the thins getting clear

Dietmar Wolz
we planned some time for such issues, it all depends what we find out about the remaining issues

Anubhav Sharma
okie dokes

Dietmar Wolz
we anticipated jbi deployment issues with smx4 and ode, we were just not sure (and still are) how severe they are

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Also ther will be serious issues with deploying cxf and http binding components

Anubhav Sharma
@Zsolt:just a small question, did u get any feedback for the Registry interface
@Volodymyr: serious issues?

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
not yet

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Yep, SMX4 is not fully jbi compliant
now I'm trying to deploy the http bc as a bundle and there are plenty of problems

Guillaume Nodet
it will be soon, but i'm not even sure it will fix those problems
what are those problems ?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
I would better spend some time to prepare for this discussion
Guillaume, can we do it tomorrow?

Guillaume Nodet
sure

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
10x

Joerg Drescher
Can we try to follow Dietmars proposal for the procedure of the scrum meeting?

Oliver Wolf
isn't that what we're just doing?

Jürgen Kindler
Yes...
Jörg is just late

Oliver Wolf
so, if we're clear about anyone's status.... is there a need for additional technocal discussions now?

Joerg Drescher
ok, sorry, now I got it...

Guillaume Nodet
just want to add something about smx4 and jbi components
is it the time now ?

Oliver Wolf
@zsolt when do you expect feedback re. the registry interface?
@guillaume: if we're through with the status reports: yes...anubhav?

Anubhav Sharma
ya
I think this was very nice
we should continue this way for our daily scrum
@Guillaume we can discuss in details now

Guillaume Nodet
ok, i just want to say that most of smx jbi components are deployed in smx4 using an osgi packaging instead of the jbi packaging.  which one is planned to be used in swordfish ?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Now I'm trying the osgi packaging

Oliver Wolf
we definitely want to go for the OSGI packaging.... not JBI legacy, please

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Before we deployed just http and cxf endpoints without any ServiceEngines and BCs

Guillaume Nodet
you mean only using plain cxf, right ?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
right
and cxf-nmr bridge

Guillaume Nodet
ok, let me know what kind of issues you have with jbi components using osgi package, they should all work

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Ok. Thanks a lot Guillaume

Zsolt Beothy-Elo
@Oliver I think end of this week or beginning of next week we will start implementing the interface, on the other side it is a work in progress and I expect in the beginning we will adapt it rather frequently. So feedback is always welcome.

Oliver Wolf
@andreas since we haven't even started with the tooling stuff, do you think you could try to get eclipse bpel running on a galileo milestone build of the eclipse platform? you don't have to dig into details if it doesn't work, we just need a thumbs up or down for now

Jürgen Kindler
@All: Apropos feedback...
Please have a look at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Swordfish:ProjectRules:CoDoD so we might finalize it this week. Otherwise I expect that you admit to it

Anubhav Sharma
I would suggest we go through the project rules in our retrospective and discuss if needed
and from the next sprint we confirm to it

Jürgen Kindler
OK

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Still can not checkin code to the eclipse svn repo
hm....you are a legitimate committer, so just raise this issue to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx...

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
ok
Will send an email

[END]

Want to join the chat?
http://www.skype.com/go/joinpublicchat?skypename=ranyart99&topic=Swordfish%20Developers&blob=Gu7tZh64gTuo551Icz6_iwhXVeXxQ0K4yEzI5XFwGdWIQ_-miteLtgSBILodJ8koN6Uwy9PiotEU5ewRYFqEJeUtl1Yhfc1ipuVwOFz0SWN9HwMZAeikprh0R_8

--

Oliver Wolf
SOPERA GmbH

Back to the top