[swordfish-dev] Chat transcript 27/10/2008

Title: Chat transcript 27/10/2008
[START Transcript 23/10/2008]

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Good afternoon
I have integrated the planner routing functionality with the nmr
Endpoints are sorted according to the "priority" property
<osgi:service ref="endpointResolverInterceptor">
 <osgi:interfaces><value>org.eclipse.swordfish.api.Interceptor</value></osgi:interfaces>
 <osgi:service-properties>
     <entry key="priority" value="2"/>
   </osgi:service-properties>
 </osgi:service>
This property can also be supplied by implementing  method Interceptor.getProperties()
The basic scenarion with the cxfEndpoint invocation have passed

Dietmar Wolz
Hi Volodymyr, did you check in the sources? I am currently adapting the planner code to the new structure. This weekend I succeeded in getting first integration tests running, and hope to be able to reproduce this result using the refactored planner soon

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
yes
All changes have been commited

Dietmar Wolz
in order to factor  out the API from the planner I need to install the api project. I tried to run maven and got
[INFO] Trace org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent: org.eclipse.swordfish:parent for project: org.eclipse.swordfish:org.eclipse.swordfish.api:bundle:${swordfishVersion} for project org.eclipse.swordfish:org.eclipse.swordfish.api:bundle:${swordfishVersion}
what can I do?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
you should have the  org.eclipse.swordfish:parent pom.xml in your local maven repository

Dietmar Wolz
thanks, is the parent pom checked in somewhere?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
the best solution is to checkout the whole trunk directory, and maintain the hierarchical project structure
it's in the trunk dir

Dietmar Wolz
ok, will try
Andreas, are you here? Oliver wants to publish our API classes and there are javadocs missing. Perhaps you can do that? I need some more time for the testing stuff

Andreas Mattes
I think I'll be able to do that.

Dietmar Wolz
I hope I can finish a first version of the integration test sample for the planner and will check it in later today. We should add something similar for the interceptor executor stuff

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Could you clarify your last statement?

Dietmar Wolz
I adapted some stuff from the spring-osgi-intergration test framework similar as done by guillome in smx4 kernel (not core)

Andrey Kopachevsky
I'm currently integrating error listener

Dietmar Wolz
I will provide a sample for an osgi integration test which builds an osgi bundle set on the fly and performs some test on the deployed services. Its meant as a blueprint for other integration tests

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Sounds great

Dietmar Wolz
Unfortunately it wasn't easy to remove all obstacles and it is highly dependent on maven
but it enables integration tests both from maven and from the IDE which peform identically
will tell more details after the integrated version is checked in

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
ok

Dietmar Wolz
Andreas, Oliver is not here but I expect he would be happy if you could provide an estimation when the javadocs could be ready

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
I have a question about the Exception handling
Why does the method " public void process(MessageExchange exchange)" throw SwordfishException?
In the Interceptor interface
I guess it wouldl be more natural, if the interceptor threw Exception
Or the swordfishException itself may be derived from the RuntimeException
In the present situation, each time you implement the interceptor, you need to take care of converting some specific exceptions, that might be thrown, to the SwordfishException

Dietmar Wolz
For me the discussion related to SwordfishException is still open. In smx4 we have public class ServiceMixException extends RuntimeException. We probably have to wait for Andreas and Oliver to post their opinion
some issues related to the top level pom:
a) I would prefer the use of properties similar to the current (unfinished) planner pom.xml. Of course the properties there should move to the master pom.
b) I have concerns about the spring version - it should be 2.5.5 instead of 2.5. Please check if anyone has objections related to the versions in the planner pom,
because these versions have proven to work with the osgi integration tests

[END]
--
Wir bieten Trainings zu SOA:
Jetzt online auf unserer Homepage informieren und schnell buchen!

Oliver Wolf
Tel.:    +49 228-182 19059
Fax:    +49 228-182 19093
Mobil:  +49 160 98931313
oliver.wolf@xxxxxxxxxx

SOPERA GmbH - Open Source SOA
Subscription Services, Support & Maintenance, Training,
Technical SOA Consulting & Customized Development
www.sopera.com

SOPERA GmbH · Geschäftsführer: Dr. Ricco Deutscher, Harald Weimer, Peter Spiegel
Standort Bonn: Sträßchensweg 10 · 53113 Bonn · Handelsregister: Bonn HRB 15336
Standort München: Hohenlindnerstraße 11b · 85622 München

Vertraulichkeitshinweis: Diese Nachricht und jeder übermittelte Anhang beinhaltet vertrauliche Informationen und ist nur für die Personen oder das Unternehmen bestimmt, an welche sie tatsächlich gerichtet ist. Sollten Sie nicht der Bestimmungsempfänger sein, weisen wir Sie darauf hin, dass die Verbreitung, das (auch teilweise) Kopieren sowie der Gebrauch der empfangenen E-Mail und der darin enthaltenen Informationen gesetzlich verboten ist und gegebenenfalls Schadensersatzpflichten auslösen kann. Sollten Sie diese Nachricht aufgrund eines Übermittlungsfehlers erhalten haben, bitten wir Sie, den Sender unverzüglich hiervon in Kenntnis zu setzen.

Back to the top