[swordfish-dev] Chat transcript 22/10/2008

Title: Chat transcript 22/10/2008
Oliver Wolf
@Volodymyr did you have a chance to look at dietmar's skelettal implementation of the planner stuff?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Just in general yesterday
Now I'm busy with refactoring , presumably will finish till today evening

Oliver Wolf
what are you refactoring?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Creating the hierarchical project structure and proper directory layout on svn

Oliver Wolf
ah, ok....that sounds good

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
We need to organize the existing code into org.eclipse.swordfish.core,  org.eclipse.swordfish.core-api,  org.eclipse.swordfish.endpoints.http
and  org.eclipse.swordfish.samples.*

Oliver Wolf
since you're the one with the most knowledge about camel routing, could you implement the camel route building based on dietmar's work?
@dietmar: anything you'd like to add?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
I need to have a deeper look at it first. If everething is clear will start implementing it tomorrow

Dietmar Wolz
getCamelRoute in PlannerImpl needs to be implemented
currently I am working on the test setup using spring dm anf fighting with some problems there
currently there are some redundancies related to api classes because I didn't want to wait for the refactoring
We will have to consolidate the projects after the new structure is fixed

Andreas Mattes
I think we can do this when we also have the EndpointResolver interfaces ready

Dietmar Wolz
getCamelRoute in PlannerImpl can be implemented independent from the refactoring

Andreas Mattes
I'm currently designing them ->@dietmar: can we discuss them tomorrow?

Dietmar Wolz
yep

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
@Dietmar and Andres: I suppose the designing of the planner is not finished yet, am I right?

Dietmar Wolz
The design is at least ready for review by you Volodymyr. Its consolidated between Oliver, Andreas and me

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Ok, thanks

Dietmar Wolz
Volodymyr, do you know anything about the state of the exception handling, the task done by Andrey?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
No.

Andrey Kopachevsky
I'm here

Dietmar Wolz
Then the question goes directly to you

Andrey Kopachevsky
Exception handling done, but it neeeds to be refactored against new interfaces

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
The only thing I know yesterday Andrey was busy with generating correct pde specific files for the swordfish projects

Andrey Kopachevsky
yes, just now I could achive this
with camelrouting project

Dietmar Wolz
Andrey, perhaps you also can review the Planner design?

Andrey Kopachevsky
yes ofcource

Dietmar Wolz
Is anyone using slf4j already? I changed the planner code today
using slf4j consistently should be part of the refactoring

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Ok
Will do

Dietmar Wolz
Another issue is osgi integration testing, I am currently evaluating the spring dm testing framework

Andrey Kopachevsky
I could also check this out

Dietmar Wolz
Are there any open issues we have to discuss until tomorrow? Andrey, could you check what Michael Möhler has done up to now? I think he made some progress

Andrey Kopachevsky
ok, I'll ask him
he is offline at the moment

Dietmar Wolz
Volodymyr: the issues with Spring DM testing have to do with its library access /maven2 integration. You see the problem by executing PlannerTest in the actual version

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
Need to investigate. Not ready to speak about it right now

Dietmar Wolz
Thats clear, you have to check the Spring-DM manual (which is probably quite useful for all of us)

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
ok

Dietmar Wolz
http://springosgi.googlepages.com/ch04.html
http://static.springframework.org/osgi/docs/1.1.2/reference/html/

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
thanks

Andrey Kopachevsky
dietmar: is planner project buildable?
i have issue with this dependency

 <dependency>
  <groupId>org.springframework.osgi</groupId>
  <artifactId>spring-osgi-test</artifactId>
  <version>1.1.2</version>
  <classifier>bundle</classifier>
 </dependency>

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
have the same problem

Andrey Kopachevsky
without   <classifier>bundle</classifier> dependency achivable but build stil fails

Dietmar Wolz
you have to install this in your local repositorry manually
had the same issue

Andrey Kopachevsky
not anderstand
the thins is that I have
.m2\repository\org\springframework\osgi\spring-osgi-test\1.1.2\spring-osgi-test-1.1.2.jar
in my repository
but still not works

Dietmar Wolz
this is strange, for me it worked after installing it locally

Andrey Kopachevsky
where can I read about <classifier>bundle</classifier> meaning?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk
I'm not sure, If we can use any library, that cannot be downloaded from the default maven repositories
It will imply issues for the developers that would like to try out the swordfish

Dietmar Wolz
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html refers to <classifier>...</classifier>
do you use maven 2.0.9?

Andrey Kopachevsky
yes

Dietmar Wolz
in my repository the jar is named spring-osgi-test-1.1.2-bundle.jar
I expect spring-osgi-test be downloadable in the near future

Andrey Kopachevsky
In link you provided I see that classifier mentioned in scope of maven-bundle-plugin "bundle" goal
it seems it not concerns simple dependency
well, need to investigate

Dietmar Wolz
problematic is

public Resource locateArtifact(String groupId, String artifactId, String version) {
return locateArtifact(groupId, artifactId, version, DEFAULT_ARTIFACT_TYPE);
}

in LocalFileSystemMaven.java in the spring osgi testing framework

Andrey Kopachevsky
ok it seems I need to read about osgi testing first

Dietmar Wolz
Andreas, can we discuss the issues tomorrow via phone, because of the tesa related issues you have to handle?
Zsolt would prefer you to stay at home

Back to the top