Re: [sumo-user] obtaining actual length of edge

Mostly yes. However, the details depend on how you wish to deal with intersections. If you sum up the coordinates from OSM (after projecting them to a Cartesian system) you will get the distance from the center of one intersection to another. In netedit you will get the distance from the end of one intersection to the stop line at the next intersection.
Also, OSM holds the center line of bidirectional roads. Wide curved roads differ in their distance between the two driving directions (even the lanes would really differ but sumo uses the average in most cases).