Re: [sumo-user] Remove lanes to get continuous lateral spaces

Free lateral movement is possible with the sublane model (regardless of lane markings). See https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/SublaneModel.html
It is still recommended to retain turning lanes for better organization of turning movements.