Re: [sumo-user] question regarding sumo lane change

The default look-ahead distance for strategic decision has a maximum range of about 3000m. You can reduce this distance by setting vType attribute 'lcStrategic' to a value in [0, 1[. Note, that this may cause jamming if many vehicles suddenly find themselves in a situation where they have to change multiple lanes over a short distance.