Re: [sumo-user] [Questions] density calculation in Lane- or Edge-based Traffic Measures

Thanks Jakob!

Best,
Yiran

On Tue, Jan 3, 2023 at 11:52 PM Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
density is averaged over time and space:

density = sampledSeconds / period * 1000 / length
where length is m and sampledSeconds is the number of vehicle-seconds registered during the recording interval.
10 sampledSeconds could be 1 vehicle observed for 10 seconds during the aggregation period or 10 vehicles observed for 1 second each.