Re: [sumo-user] Rerouting in ring road: vehicles overlap

The most likely causes is that this is purely visual:
 https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Distances.html#vehicle_lengths_in_sumo-gui
Feel free to provide a minimal scenario example (https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/FAQ.html#how_do_i_report_erroneous_behavior_of_a_sumo_application)

Am Fr., 4. Nov. 2022 um 02:12 Uhr schrieb Chen Di <dichen981@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

I am running simulations in a ring road with all vehicles being rerouted. In my setting, vehicles with different types travel at different speed.

When I observe the simulation, I noticed that sometimes two vehicles overlap. The faster vehicle just directly "cover" and pass the slow vehicle as if it does not exist.

One of the possible reasons that I thought about is that vehicles traveling at different laps may fail to recognize its leader. For instance, at a same position in the ring, vehicle 1 may be traveling at its 1st loop, while vehicle 2 at the 2nd. When they encounter, the leader vehicle is not recognized because they are at different loops.

If this is the case, how should I fix it (i.e., to enable vehicles recognize their leaders even if they have traveled for different number of loops)? If not, are there any other reasons that causes this and how should I solve them?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Cindy