Re: [sumo-user] TraCI changeTarget - vehicle does not end at target

No, this is generally not expected. Does the vehicle in question have any stops / via-edges in it's route? Are you sending any further traci commands that might influence the vehicle?
If you can create a minimal failure case I will take a look. See https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/FAQ.html#how_do_i_report_erroneous_behavior_of_a_sumo_application