Dear friends and users,
we are happy to announce the release of SUMO version 1.13.0.
The download links are at https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Downloads.html
This release brings you more traffic light enhancements, new parameters for
modelling vehicles and many new TraCI functions.
It also fixes a large number of bugs some of which were regression 1.12.0
Even though the list below is long, it only contains a subset of all changes.
For the full list, as always see http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/ChangeLog
=== Enhancements ===
- Traffic light algorithms can now be customized/reprogrammed with xml input files
- Added support for Poisson distributed flows
- vType attribute 'startupDelay' can now be used to configure startup loss time.
- edgeData output can now be filtered and aggregated
- improved vehicle impatience model
- Added vType attribute 'scale' to allow type-specific demand scaling.
- sumo-gui: Added many new hotkeys to start/stop the simulation, modify delay etc.
- Added support for waypoints
- Improved highlighting/indexing of stops
- More elements can be selected by clicking in addition to being selected via drop-down menu
- Improved speed of OSM import, importing additional bus stops.
- OpenDRIVE export now includes <signal> and <controller> information.
- Added functions to override detecton of inductionLoop and laneArea detectors
- Added function 'vehicle.insertStop' to add stops anywhere in the stop list and reroute automatically.
- Added functions to retrieve/set any possible stop parameter for any upcoming stop
- Added functions to retrieve/set global and vType-specific traffic scaling factors
- Can now retrieve more attributes and custom-program states from actuated traffic lights
- Function vehicle.moveToXY now "guesses" the next route edges to prevent artefacts when reaching the end of the current route
- osmWebWizard.py: can now select desired road types and deselect shapes to reduce download size.
- randomTrips.py: now supports option --random-routing-factor to increase the variance of generated routes.
- Added tool mapDetectors.py which creates detector definitions based on geographic coordinates.
- added new tool runSeeds.py to run a configuration multiple times with different random seeds and collect distinct outputs.
=== Bugfixes ===
- Fixed crash with departLane=best and given arrivalLane. (regression in 1.9.0)
- Various NEMA controller fixes.
- Fixed sub-optimal insertion flow with departLane="best".
- Rerouting now takes empty lanes into account in mean speed calculation.
- Teleporting of blocked vehicles now works if they are blocked behind a stopping vehicles.
- Added vType attribute 'sigmaStep' to decouple the driving imperfection dynamics (sigma) of Krauss and related Models from the simulation step-length.
- Fixed bug where vehicles waiting within an intersection violate right-of-way after their green phase ends.
- Many fixes for opposite-direction driving
- Many fixes for state loading
- Fixed various crashes
- Fixed various deadlocks including one at on-off-ramps which was a regression in 1.6.0
- Fixed partially invisible individually defined parking spaces. (regression in 1.10.0)
- Fixed some issues when drawing persons and vehicles at exaggerated size
- Fixed crash in phase tracker when annotating by 'time in cycle'.
- Fixed several problems when clicking on time links in the message area.
- Fixed memory leak and slow drawing for polygons.
- Fixed red/black GUI on MacOS.
- Fixed inconsistent GUI settings on reload (settings will be kept on reload unless the settings-file was modified).
- Vehicles in the 3D-view are no longer hidden beneath a colored bubble.
- Connections without conflict no longer force a slow-down at "right_before_left" junctions.
- Fixed missing attribute in OpenDRIVE export.
- Fixed missing bus connection.
- Fixed undo related crashes. (regression in 1.0.0)
- Fixed invalid geometry when loading geo-polygons. (regression in 1.10.0)
- Fixed crash when creating geo-poi. (regression in 1.10.0)
- regressions in 1.12.0
- Fixed crash when deleting last (or only) personTrip-element.
- Fixed crash when changing departSpeed for flow.
- Fixed inconsistent behavior of attributes in flow creation frame.
- Persons with an stop in their plan can now be created again
- EdgeData und edgeRelData can be inspected and selected again.
- When adding stops in demand mode, the list of potential parent elements (i.e. vehicles) now shows all possible candidates again.
- Fixed invalid route when creating flow (embedded route) with via edges.
- Vehicles and flows with embedded routes and junctions now appear in locate dialog.
- Fixed conversion of junction to roundabout in lefthand network.
- Fixed error when deleting trips/flows between junctions.
- Stops within embedded routes are now written sorted.
- Fixed crash in edgeRelation mode.
- Fixed crashes and errors related to 'vehicle.replaceStop'
- traci.person.setSpeed is now working.
- Fixed invalid collision when using moveToXY with high implicit speed.
- Fixed discontinuous moveToXY mapping at low step length.
- meso: Fix underestimated penalties when using option --meso-tls-penalty.
- generateTurnRatios.py now writes correct closing tag. (regression in 1.11.0)
- route2OD.py and addTAZ.py now work if an edge is part of multiple TAZ.
=== Miscellaneous ===
- Fixed missing data files in libsumo wheel installation.
- Rerouter attribute 'file' is no longer supported. Intervals should be child elements of rerouters. Alternatively, element <include href="" may be used.
- Added examples and documentation for spontaneous break-down of traffic flow jamming.
- Documented attribute plotting and extended vehicle visualization features.
Have fun with the new release,
Pablo, Jakob, Robert, Melanie, Johannes, Matthias, Michael, Yun-Pang and Angelo