[sumo-user] sumo nightly install via python issues

On my Linux notebook, all goes exactly well when I execute:
pip install -i https://test.pypi.org/simple/ eclipse-sumo

however, when I execute the same on my linux desktop, the following is reported:

rob@rob-desktop:/media/hdd/rob/ProRad/Themen/Innenstadtring/Details/Simulation/SUMO/sumo-prorad
$ pip install -i https://test.pypi.org/simple eclipse-sumo
Looking in indexes: https://test.pypi.org/simple
Collecting eclipse-sumo
  Downloading https://test-files.pythonhosted.org/packages/c3/a7/6c4b9e76af1a9b0c4e78436ee5d59d423ab4823aac7645a19761f68dfa92/eclipse_sumo-1.12.0.post430-py2.py3-none-manylinux_2_17_x86_64.manylinux2014_x86_64.whl (42.9 MB)
     |████████████████████████████████| 42.9 MB 1.8 MB/s
Installing collected packages: eclipse-sumo
  WARNING: The scripts activitygen, dfrouter, duarouter, emissionsDrivingCycle, emissionsMap, jtrrouter, marouter, netconvert, netedit, netgenerate, od2trips, polyconvert, sumo and sumo-gui are installed in '/home/rob/.local/bin' which is not on PATH.
  Consider adding this directory to PATH or, if you prefer to suppress this warning, use --no-warn-script-location.
Successfully installed eclipse-sumo-1.12.0.post430

When I install here with sudo, all goes okay. But on my notebook, it went okay without sudo. Without changing PATH.
The difference - as I found out: On the notebook, miniconda3 is installed. In this case, the whole sumo stuff is pythonway installed in ~/miniconda3/bin/. And the path is already okay.

I'd suggest to advice the users (on the download page) to use sudo in order to simplify things.

When I install miniconda3 on the desktop, the install without sudo (a necessary condition to keep a package manager based install upright) goes without warning - which confirms that the finding is correct.

ANOTHER FINDING:
When the package manager based install is removed, after starting sumo-gui fom python install, a load error occurs on loading an additionals file. Very curious. Some Details I could supply separately.

Back to the top