[sumo-user] Netconvert GeoConvHelper

Hello Jakob,

I am working on a project where a vehicle is collecting data. We are trying to recreate the map in an OpenDrive format. For that we need the SUMO netconvert  software (which is awesome, by the way !!). The vehicle collects data, and creates a local coordinate system based on the ENU transformation, which means that they create a local tangent plane coordinate system. But they take the first measured GNSS point as the ENU reference point, which is (in this case) always in the top-right corner of the map.

This presents a problem for us because each SUMO network imported from a geo-referenced data sources comes with it's own ENU projection: By default, these are UTM coordinates which are shifted so that the lower left network corner is the coordinate origin. Now we have one ENU coordinate system in the top right corner and one in the bottom left corner, which introduces an offset when overlaping x,y data from vehicle with the SUMO converted OpenDrive file.

I am wondering if there is a way to align these two ENU systems, or if we can move the ENU tranformation to the top right corner. We have tried shifting the coordinate origin but this does not solve the problem.

Sorry for the long explanation,

With kind regards,

Gregor Ovsenjak

Back to the top