[sumo-user] Appropriate demand-generation tool

Hello everyone,

We are going to build a traffic simulation model for a small city (~25k inhabitants) with SUMO.

We have a large amount of data, including:
-the exact number of people+age living in each street,
-amount of workplaces
-position of schools, daycare, shops and other POI
-traffic counts for ~40 positions in the city (edge based, both sides).

The model should consider cars, bicycles and pedestrians and we want to simulate a representative workday from 0:00 to 24:00. Our question is which tool is more suited for a demand-generation model: activitygen, SAGA or maybe another tool? And which of these tools are still supported/going to be supported in the future?

Thank you very much in advance,
Martin

Back to the top