Dear friends and users,
we are happy to announce the release of SUMO version 1.12.0.
The download links are at https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Downloads.html
This release brings you exciting changes for the simulation of traffic lights as well as many new features to simulate cruising for parking.
It also fixes a regression in intermodal network building and therefore come a bit ahead of schedule.
Even though the list below is long, it only contains a subset of all changes.
For the full list, as always see http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/ChangeLog
=== Enhancements ===
- Traffic lights of type 'actuated' and 'delay_based' now support attributes 'earliestEnd', 'latestEnd' and param 'cycleTime' to configure coordination.
- Traffic lights of type 'actuated' now support custom logical conditions for switching.
- Many new parameters for traffic light type 'NEMA' to support different operating modes
- Parking search now permits opportunistic parking along the way and configurable "intuition" about target occupancy.
- Persons are now included in saved simulation state when setting option --save-state.transportables.
- Vehicle attribute departSpeed now supports the values 'last' and 'avg' (both support higher insertion flows than alternative values).
- Many enhancements to the traffic light "Track Phases" window. Among other things, it can now show the state of detectors and switching conditions.
- Parameter tracker window supports multiple plots and shows the values at the cursor
- Additional parking search visualization for vehicles and roads
- Vehicle size can now be scaled by attribute.
- All text setting now have the checkbox "only for selected" to display text selectively.
- Trips and flows between junctions (fromJunction, toJunction) are now supported.
- The name prefixes for all created additional elements can now be configured and their defaults have been shortened.
- All elements of a side frame can now be collapsed/expanded.
- Loading and setting of vTypeDistributions is now supported.
- Lane change prohibitions (changeLeft, changeRight) are now visualized.
- Selections can now be modified based on object hierarchy (i.e. to selection junctions for all selected edges).
- Improved visibility for short edges.
- OSM: import of public transport now supports share_taxi (PUJ) and minibus.
- OSM: attribute turn:lanes is now used to determine lane-to-lane connections when option --osm.turn-lanes is set.
- Several improvements to OpenDRIVE import and export
- generateParkingAreaRerouters.py: multiple new options to customize parking search
- addStops2Routes.py: Can now generate stationary traffic to fill each parkingArea to a configurable occupancy.
- Added tool generateParkingAreas.py to generate parkingAreas for some or all edges of a network.
- randomTrips.py now supports option --random-depart to randomize departure times.
- randomTrips.py: now support option --fringe-junctions to determine the fringe from junction attribute 'fringe'.
- tripinfoByType.py: now supports option --interval to aggregated data by depart time or by arrival time
- emissionsDrivingCycle now permits loading of electric vehicle params via the new options --vtype and --additional-files.
=== Bugfixes ===
- Fixed bug where persons could enter the wrong vehicle and thereby cause a taxis simulation to crash. (regression in 1.11.0)
- Fixed various issues with emergency vehicle behavior
- Fixed various bugs in parking search
- Fixed varous bugs in taxi simulation
- Fixed bugs for carFollowModels EIDM and Wiedemann
- Fixed junction collisions
- Fixes to opposite direction driving
- Several bugfixes for traffic light type 'NEMA'
- Fixed bug preventing inspection of tazRelations.
- Fixed invalid weights of sinks and sources when loading taz from file.
- Fixed crash on undo after resetting connections.
- Fixed missing 'end' attribute when converting trip to flow.
- Routes now longer have a color unless set by the user.
- Stops can no longer be created on edges that do not belong to the route.
- When splitting an edge, all routes passing that edge are now adapted.
- Fixed crash when using guiShape "truck/trailer" or "truck/semitrailer" for short vehicles. (regression in 1.11.0)
- Fixed occasional freezing during person simulation.
- Fixed invalid network when importing public transport and sidewalks. (regression in 1.10.0)
- Fixed multiple bugs in OpenDRIVE import (Re-import your networks for improved geometrical accuracy)
- Fixed unsafe location of internal junctions that were causing collisions in the simulation.
- Fixed unsafe intersection rules that could cause emergency braking at pedestrian crossing.
- Fixed invalid connectivity at motorway ramp when importing OSM lane change prohibitions.
- Options --tls.group-signals and --tls.ungroup-signals now work for pedestrian crossings.
- Fixed invalid stop arrival time in meso.
- Fixed invalid ride depart time and route length when starting directly after stop.
- Dynamically modified road permissions (i.e. closingReroute with disallow and closingLaneReroute) are no longer ignored and can now cause jamming.
- Fixed invalid capacity in intermodal scenario.
- Fixed invalid route output when using option --remove-loops on routes with multiple loops.
- Fixed inconsistent railway routing results for stops on consecutive bidi-edges.
- marouter: Fixed wrong begin and end times in marouter output with additive traffic.
- traci: Fixed bug where calling changeSublane with high 'latDist' value, causes exaggerated maneuverDistance.
=== Miscellaneous ===
- SUMO can now be installed from python wheels. This provides up to date release and nightly versions (via test.pypi.org
) for all platforms. #4639
- Added documentation on road capacity and headways.
- Added documentation for signal plan visualization
Have fun with the new release,
Laura, Pablo, Jakob, Robert, Melanie, Johannes, Matthias, Michael, Yun-Pang and Angelo