Re: [sumo-user] Macroscopic Fundamental Diagram (MFD)

Hi Royal,

Note that a fundamental diagram is usually generated from one detector to represent the dynamics of a stretch of a road while Network/Macroscopic Fundamental Diagram is usually aggregated from many detectors over a network. The  fact that a network can have a well-shaped Network Fundamental Diagram partially depends on the fact that the drivers are smart and can avoid congestion. An arterial may or may not give you a nice looking MFD (if MFD is what you are looking for).

However, if you just want to get the capacity of your link, you can simply keep increasing your input flow until your output flow stops increasing (and the maximum output flow rate is your capacity).

Thanks,
Qichao