Re: [sumo-user] routing algorithm

Hello,

jtrrouter is a tool to define initial routes from initial flows and turning rates but it is not a rerouting algorithm.

The following three concepts should be distinguished carefully:
1. defining traffic based on traffic data (this may either take the form of vehicles with fully specified routes or of trips with only origin and destination edge): https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/index.html#data_sources_for_demand_generation
2. determining vehicle routes that avoid congestion (https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Demand/Dynamic_User_Assignment.html)
3. letting vehicles re-route during the simulation: https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Demand/Automatic_Routing.html

jtrrouter belongs into Category 1. In contrast, Categories 2 and 3 cannot preserve turning rates so you must be careful when mixing them.

regards,
Jakob