Re: [sumo-user] Junction handling when converting from SUMO to ODR

Hello,
the connecting roads are mapped directly from sumo connections. The default sumo connection layout at a lane merge is to model one lane as a dead-end and thereby enforce lane changing by the driver. Most likely this is a problem for the ESMINI driver who doesn't change lanes before reaching the dead-end.

However, you can manually (netedit) change the connection layout so that both incoming lanes connect to the same outgoing lane.
- by defining a junction of type 'zipper'
- by defining double-connections: See  https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Netedit/editModesNetwork.html#changing_connections

regards,
Jakob