Re: [sumo-user] Vehicles are not Responding to Commands in TraCI

Thank you Harald. This helped a lot. However, that is the thing. I am trying to create enough headway between the buses so that they are not bunching up together and servicing bus stops one after the other. Based on the bus system that I have seen in reality, slowing down the following bus is typically what is done during bus operations, and they try to keep a 4-7 min headway between each bus so that one doesn't run into the other along each route. That was the idea behind putting such a large number for the slow down duration.

It was either using the "traci.vehicle.slowdown" method or the "traci.vehicle.openGap" method. I thought using the "traci.vehicle.slowdown" method would be more appropriate since it forces the intended vehicle to slow down and maintain a desired headway between buses. What are your thoughts on this?