Re: [sumo-user] How to impart yielding behaviors on Right Turns at Intersections and Removing Error in SUMO-Gui

Thank you for the clarification Jakob. These warning and error messages make a lot more sense to me now.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Jakob Erdmann
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 10:39 AM
To: Sumo project User discussions
Subject: Re: [sumo-user] How to impart yielding behaviors on Right Turns at Intersections and Removing Error in SUMO-Gui

Re: I am still getting those warnings within my simulation.

The actuated traffic light only uses a detector if all connections from it's lane have an unrestricted green ('G') state. Otherwise, there would be a risk of prolonging a phase even though the vehicles are blocked (by pedestrians or other vehicles).  In your case this happens with the right turns which must yield in all phases wherever they share the lane with straight-going traffic.

One solution would be to give 'G' to the right turns in phases without conflicting traffic.

Back to the top