Re: [sumo-user] Import Netwrok - Aimsun

Hello,

as fas ar I am aware of, currently there is no established method for importing Aimsun networks into SUMO.

My research group exported some Aimsun networks to other formats using custom Aimsun scripts. In Aimsun, you can add custom Python scripts to automate tasks and query a lot of network elements & attributes. We managed to export the edge and node data to a text file. In theory, you can write SUMO plain XML files this way.

Regards
Mirko

Aimsun simulation files cannot be read as text files which makes everything more complicated.

In theory, you should be able to write one