Re: [sumo-user] modelling pedestrians correctly

Hello,
E2-detectors currently cannot detect pedestrians. and the only way to implement a pedestrian-pushbutton is by checking the walking direction of the pedestrians explicitly. This is demonstrated in https://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Tutorials/TraCIPedCrossing

Sidewalks should be modelled with a single lane that serves for both directions. Also, I recommend reading https://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/Pedestrians#Generating_a_network_with_crossings_and_walkingareas

regards,
Jakob