Re: [sumo-user] custom attributes in xml definitions with netgenerate

Hello,
the recommended way to add custom information is to use the <param key="KEY" value="VALUE"/> element as child element of junctions, edges and traffic lights. Custom attributes will not be picked up by netconvert.

We recently added capabilities to also support <param> for <connection> but this is currently not handled when importing from .con.xml file (only when reprocessing a .net.xml file).  A work-around would be to encode the information in the lanes or traffic light. (e.g key="LINK_INDEX" value="isTurn"/>. Loading tlLogic params from .tll.xml is supported by netconvert.

Note, that .net.xml already encodes the turning direction for every connection (straight, left, right, turn-around) in the 'dir' attribute.

regards,
Jakob