[sumo-user] Can you call SUMO from a program (e.g., Python) rather than from the command line?

I'm trying to generate statistical data from a series of runs.

Is there a way to call SUMO (also Netconvert and RandomTrips) from within a Python (or C or whatever other) program rather than from the command line? Python would be preferred because I use it to create the files with the nodes, the files with the edges, et al.  I don't see a way to start the runs other than from the command line. To do that automatically, as best I can tell, I need a batch script, with loops and other operations. I hate programming batch scripts!

Rich Tasgal

Back to the top