Re: [sumo-user] Adding a stopped vehicle outside the network and setting a route

Jakob,
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks again! After testing with latest version
from github I can confirm that the issue is resolved.

While testing I did encounter another issue. Looks like if I call moveToXY
after adding the vehicle with a position that is on an internal edge (e.g.
junction), Sumo crashes after some simulation steps.

Minimal code to reproduce:

traci.vehicle.add(vehID=vehicle_id, routeID="", typeID="veh_passenger")
for i in range(0,500):
    traci.vehicle.moveToXY(vehicle_id, "", 0, initial_x, initial_y,
keepRoute=0) # same with keepRoute=2
    traci.simulationStep()

This code crashes with the network I sent earlier
(https://we.tl/t-mr6dGuxtPi), with the initial position 4101.24,352.85 . The
crash occurs at step 60.

As a workaround I am first calling moveTo once with the nearest road
position (same code from below), and then call moveToXY every step with the
initial position.

Thank you,
Shawn