[sumo-user] Building a SUMO scenario

Dear users,

I am a fairly new to SUMO and traffic simulation in general and have spent a limited amount of time using the software but my impression so far is that a major effort is required in order to construct a realistic validated scenario for an urban area.

My intention in the long run is to create a scenario of a real city (a city with a population of at least 100k) but before I set out to do this it would be great to know roughly how much time that is required to do this, i.e., converting and modifying traffic networks from OSM, validating traffic demands, and so on.

Therefore, I would be really grateful if anyone of you who have done this would like to share how much time and effort you spent on building and maintaining a scenario, which parts of the implementation requires most time, if there were any unforeseen problems along the way, etc.

Best regards,

Anders

Back to the top