Re: [sumo-user] Vehicles slowing at junctions on high priority road

Hello,
set your vehicle coloring mode to 'by acceleration' and look at the simulation again. If the vehicles in the roundabout turn yellow or red they are braking, otherwise its an artefact of the visualisation.

Also, take a look at the speeds of the junction-internal edges. You can do this by setting edge coloring to 'by allowed speed' and unchecking 'draw junction shape' in the junction settings. If these speeds are lower than the surrounding edge speeds it would explain braking.

In the latest development version, speeds on internal edges are reduced according to their turning radius but this can be configured with various options.

regards,
Jakob

Hi there,

I'm constructing a roundabout (image attached). When running on sumo-gui, I'm seeing strange behavior where the vehicles on the higher priority edges in the roundabout appear to be slowing down as they approach junctions, which should not be the case.

I ran a control experiment with a single IDM vehicle in the roundabout, and no other vehicles. When I plot the acceleration of this vehicle, the standard deviation is close to 0 and there are no issued accelerations that would suggest the vehicle is slowing down or doing anything other than maintaining a constant velocity.

Could this be an issue with the GUI rendering, or something else?

All my best,

Kathy Jang
University of California, Berkeley | 2018