[sumo-user] Detect vehicles inside a junction

Hello all,

what would be the advised way of detecting vehicles which are inside a junction? I want to forbid some vehicles to enter a junction while others haven't left it yet.

  • One option would be to place detectors on internal lanes, which works OK if you collect the lane ID by hand.
  • Another would be to watch vehicles on incoming and outgoing lanes thoroughly to compare inflow and outflow.
I would still prefer some solution which involves less computational effort. Something like a new TraCI function junction.getLastStepVehicleNumber(fromLaneID, toLaneID)...? I would help with the implementation when the rough concept is set.

Regards
Mirko

Back to the top