Re: [sumo-user] Demand generation using OD matrix

Hello,
we have had some good experiences with loading trips directly into sumo in our own projects. If the routes are similar, to the empty-network routes, it could have several reasons:
1) there is not enough traffic in the network, so no jamming develops which would make cirumventing routes more attractive
2) the circumventing routes which you are are missing in your results are slower than in reality due to some network modelling errors
3) the routes through the city are faster than in reality due to some network modelling errors
4) there is so much traffic that everything is jammed and no good signal is generated for the routing algorithm

Most of these reasons would also apply to duaIterate but In our experience, duaIterate most often breaks down due to (4).
A good way to investigate the problem is to color the edges in sumo-gui to reflect the averaged speeds which form the basis for the route choice: http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Demand/Automatic_Routing#Investigating_edge_weights

regards,
Jakob

Hi Jakob,

I tried to load the trips generated by od2trips directly into SUMO but still the routes are similar. I also tried to use Duaiterate with below configuration but while validating the output (edgestatedump) with our validation count data, the correlation results are not good. It is coming in between 0.2-0.3.

Configuration of duaiterate -

"C:\Users\Bhushan\sumo-msvc12x64-git\sumo-git\tools\assign\duaIterate.py" -n "C:\Users\Bhushan\Sumo\2018-06-05-21-00-00\map.net.edited1.xml" -b 109800 -e 118800 -t "C:\Users\Bhushan\Sumo\2018-06-05-21-00-00\Trips\map.trip_June2_AM_scale_0.1.xml" -l 40 --convergence-iterations "5" --max-convergence-deviation "0.5" --pessimism "1".

Please let me know if any more parameters needs to be provided in duaiterate.

Also, let me restate my problem statement and it will be helpful if you could provide your insights-

As an input, I am taking a network from OSM along with polygon shape files and OD matrix which I am providing to generate trips. We want to run a simulation which is close to real world to compare it with the real world count data on different edges for the same network. As always I appreciate your suggestions and feedback.

Thanks,

Vrinda Khirwadkar

University of Memphis